Re: VNC - read: Connection reset by peer

On Dec 19, 2007 8:41 PM, Ferindo Middleton <ferindo.middleton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup VNC on my FC8 install. Whenever I try to connect to the
> server from my remote Windows Vista computer, I get the mesage: "read:
> Connection reset by peer (10054)" from the vnc client running on the Windows
> client... How can I figure out how to resolve this?
>
> --
> justferindo
> --

I suspect the fault lies in the setup of the Windows VNC Server that
you are trying to connect to.  I had a similar problem about a year
ago with a half-dozen machines on a remote LAN, and I believe it was
as simple as setting one of the Options for the VNC server on the
windows machine.  (Right click the system tray VNC server icon and
select Options.) I believe, silly though it sounds, that I had to
check Remove wallpaper and Remove background pattern on the Desktop
tab.

I just checked my old e-mails and confirmed that checking these boxes
on the remote computers made the disconnects quit.

Good Luck.

Gerry