Re: Stooopid question re /dev/mapper

On Dec 19, 2007 11:00 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings;

With a backup plan in place, I took a chance and added the invisible F8
partition to the fstab of the FC6 install,  And it worked flawlessly!!!
So now I can copy over the scripts that make the magic of my email work and a
bunch of other stuff that wasn't in the 30GB I copied the other night while
booted to F8, and mounting the FC6 volume.

So, my question is:

 Is /dev/VolGroup0x/LogVol0x created by just by having it in the fstab?

I guess, the command `vgchange -a y` run during the init stages does the trick of identifying, the
/dev/VolGroup0x/LogVol0x from your FC6/8.

And secondarily, although I'll never hit the limit as I can't afford the
drives or space in the box for them, what is the limit to the 0x in the above
strings, eg, how many are possible?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)