Re: f8 boots!

On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Seriously, whatever script processes the fstab and assembles the system,
>> needs a new keyword, one that can be added below the must have parts of
>> the system and that tells this script to report on screen but otherwise
>> ignore such typu foolishness in non-vital, 100% optional portions of the
>> system. Skipping the erroneous mount operation is much preferable in such
>> a case.
>
>The problem is that there in not a script that processes /etc/fstab,
>and mounts each entry. What is done instead is to let mount do it
>itself using the -a option. Network mounts are excluded the first
>time it is run. I believe the script that handles this is in initrd now.
>
>mount -a [-t type] [-O optlist]
>   (usually given in a bootscript) causes all file systems mentioned
>   in fstab (of the proper type and/or having or not having the
>   proper options) to be mounted as indicated, except for those
>   whose line contains the noauto keyword. Adding the -F option will
>   make mount fork, so that the filesystems are mounted
>   simultaneously.
>
>Mikkel

Humm, so this would have to be a modification to mount itself.  I wonder if
the mount folks might be receptive to a patch...  However that would appear
to disable the fork command, which from what I see onscreen, is used now.

Me goes muttering off to a bowling banquet with the missus shortly.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)