Re: copying entirely repos

yordy wrote, On 12/17/2007 02:21 PM:
i can't get rsync running, i'm behind a proxy server, export the http_proxy (yum connect to repos fine) server variable and run:

1- [ytornes@localhost i386]$ rsync -av --list-only --partial --stats download.fedora.redhat.com:pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386 ./
    ssh: connect to host download.fedora.redhat.com port 22: No route to host
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [receiver=2.6.9]

2- [ytornes@localhost i386]$ rsync -av --list-only --partial --stats download.fedora.redhat.com::pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386 ./
    rsync: failed to connect to download.fedora.redhat.com: Connection refused (111)
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104) [receiver=2.6.9]

rsync don't support http or ftp protocols

any idea?

man wget

wget -a mlog --progress=dot:mega -v --mirror --no-parent \
 http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386

wget also works with ftp.

I kind of prefer:
wget -a mlog --progress=dot:mega -nv --mirror --no-parent \
 --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=1 \
 ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386

so the files get placed in ./fedora/linux/updates/8/i386 instead of ./download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386 which can make life easier if you later desire to switch to using a mirror that is closer too you (or just plain faster).

Also I could be wrong, but i get the impression that wget gets better info about the need to update a local file from ftp than it does from http, so I use ftp when possible.