Re: news to me: yum doesn't recognize --force option

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On 16/12/2007, Tom Poe <tompoe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
# yum install libdv-1.0.0.0-1.fc6 --force
usage: yum [options] < grouplist, localinstall, groupinfo, localupdate,
resolvedep, erase, deplist, groupremove, makecache, upgrade, provides,
shell, install, whatprovides, groupinstall, update, groupupdate, info,
search, check-update, list, remove, clean, grouperase >

Command line error: no such option: --force

What is this?  Any help appreciated.

What makes you think that Yum offers such an option?

Forgive me. I was looking at rpm --help and confused meself with thinking I was looking at yum.
Happy Holidays, Tom