easy way to install older automake-1.9?

  i'm trying to build a software package that specifically requests
automake-1.9, when my f8 system is already up to 1.10.  i can hack the
Makefile, but is there a relatively painless way to simultaneously
install automake-1.9 on this system just to get around this for the
time being?  it's not my preferred way to deal with the problem, but
i'm willing to do it as a temporary workaround.  thanks.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca