openoffice.org to PDF with input fields

It seems like it's all built in and should work but it's not working for
me and perhaps I am missing something obvious.

I start a new document in openoffice.org (Fedora 7 - OOo 2.3.0)

Insert => Fields => Other

Functions => Input Field
Reference (enter Text1)
Insert (click OK)

input field shows on page

Export as PDF => standard options but I'll list the checkboxes that I
have checked...
Tagged PDF
Export Notes
Export Bookmarks
Create PDF Form
 submit format (FDF)
Export automatically inserted blank pages
On Security tab, I have nothing checked

OK - name it, save it, open it with Adobe Reader 7.0.9, can't click or
enter the field at all.

It works fine with the file I created with Acrobat on my Windows system
(I can enter and edit fields).

Am I crazy? Does this work for someone? Am I doing something wrong?

I ask because the documentation makes it clear that this should work.

Craig