capturing log of failed installation

I had considerable difficulty with getting F7 to install, and now similar
trouble with F8. As with F7, F8 aborted immediately after network
configuration several times before I tried starting with nothing on cmdline.
That got me past package selection, but as soon as / was formatted it
aborted. It offered an opportunity to save a log, but not to the most logical
place, a local HD partition. The system's floppy is worthless, leaving the
only option as network. I have multiple locations it could write to,
preferably to NFS, but it doesn't like my inputs to try that. Can anyone
please tell what are the correct inputs to write the log to NFS, or some
other way to save the log?
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409