From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rick Stevens
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:00 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: fedora and notebooks?

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 14:20 +0100, Jan Brosius wrote:
> Hello, I plan to buy a notebook. This is my first notebook. Besides
> Windows I'd like to install also fedora 8.
> Can anyone tell me if fedora recognizes the touchpad of the notebook. If
> so does fedora also recognise an additional USB mouse?

I'm on an HP dv6565us right now.  Everything works except the modem.
AGPGART under Xen doesn't work either.  Note that the webcam requires
the v4l2 driver and the sound card requires Alsa 1.0.15.  The touchpad
works as does a USB mouse (they work together...use either or both).

You probably will want to run syndaemon and desensitize the "touch to
click" bit of the touchpad.  Without it, hitting the spacebar and
touching the pad with the heel of your hand will send the pointer
flying!