Re: fedora and notebooks?

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 14:20 +0100, Jan Brosius wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if fedora recognizes the touchpad of the notebook.

Yes, it can.  I don't know if all touchpads are supported, but my Asus
PRO31J F3JC laptop's certainly is.  The Lenovo laptops are said to be
quite compatible.  Perhaps you might want to tell the list what you're
considering buying, and see if someone's already tried that model.

>  If so does fedora also recognise an additional USB mouse?

Yes, it does.  And both work at the same time.

The only things not working on my laptop, that I can think of, are the
in-built USB webcam, and the multimedia keys.

I have no need for the webcam, and it's incredibly crap quality (tried
it out with Windows), and it's aimed in the wrong direction (too high,
for the angle you need to put the screen at to read it properly).

I have configured other multimedia keys to work on my desktop PC, then
never actually bothered to use them.  So not being able to configure
these has been no great loss.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.