Re: spam collection mystery in evoloution

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 08:09 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Since f7 evolution has really been efficient in separating out spam
> from my mail stream. Maybe I nnow get one spam message a week at
> maximum not i the junk folder. In fact it is to efficient. There is a
> regular poster to fedora-list that always has his messages put in
> junk.
>
> Up to now I can't alter this behavior. Anyone have any suggestions?

Is yours using spam assassin to do the filtering?  Do you keep spam
assassin up to date?

See the sa-update man file.  I'm not sure if it's still the case, but
you ran that command daily to update the filtering rules from the spam
assassin website.  It wasn't kept up to date by using yum.

I haven't used spam assassin for ages, since I find it a pain.  But do
you have a "this is not junk" button in the junk mail folder in
Evolution, and does it reprogram the rules accordingly?

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.