Sansa MP3 Players don't read with new kernel?

I'm not sure why but ever since I upgraded to the new kernel my Sansa Clip which would auto detect and auto mount hasn't been doing that... it's as if my computer doesn't even see it anymore...  I'm not sure what the problem could be... my brother's Ubuntu 7.10 still sees it as a drive but neither my laptop nor desktop with the current kernel will read it... anyone else having this issue?