Re: list subject

On 11Dec2007 10:16, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>>> How else would people know they are doing it wrong if someone doesn't
>>> tell them?
>>>
>> But you definition of "doing it wrong" seems to be "it does not do
>> what I want it to do by default" regardless of how you want to do
>> things affects other users. Kind of like a spoiled child - if it
>> isn't my way, then it is wrong. No-one else's point of view matters,
>> or is worth considering.
>
> Just the opposite - everyone else is fully equal and capable of defending
> the way they prefer things.  But, nearly every other list I subscribe to is
> polite enough to identify itself with a tag and I don't recall ever seeing
> anyone complain about it - _ever_.  And since I deal regularly with both, I
> have no question about which I prefer.

Magnificent. Let's see: most of us seem to despise subject line tags.
You want them. So ADD them! If that means you need to have a little
server process fetching fedora mail and mangling the subject lines and
then delivering them to you IMAP host, fine.

1: GMail shows labels.
2: Mutt will happily show the X-Label header (I use that, myself).

If Thunderbird won't do such things, get a decent mail reader, don't force us
to damage the list set up.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Ninety percent of everything is crud.   - Theodore Sturgeon