Re: last nights update of kde to 3.5.8

On Monday 10 December 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> After downloading it all, about half an hour on my dsl connection, it
>> upchucked all over itself, with ever dependency bitch being shown on
>> screen pointing to 'cervisia'
>
>cervisia is contained within kdesdk.
>
>What was the exact error?
>
>-- Rex

It would simplicate the heck out of things if the error window could be
copy/pasted from, but lets see if I can do it by hand. I'm redoing it now.

The first line is:

"/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common/1.png conflicts with attempted installs of
kdelibs-3.5.8-1.fc6 and kdesdk-3.5.8-1.fc6"

then repeats for all the other stuff in the HTML/en tree, and in
the /usr/share/config tree plus some of the perl tree at the end.  The list
is about 4 or 5 feet high on my screen in 9 pt type.

I'll remove kdesdk and try it again.  I haven't had a working dock since
kde-3.5.7, hopefully this will fix it.

Nope, now I have squawks about the old kdesettings-3.5-18, which appears to
indicate that all that stuff has been moved into kdebase.  About a dozen show
stoppers there, finishing up with one about kdebindings vs
kdebindings-dcopperl.  Those 2 I can nuke also, but does that kill all my
configs?  I guess I'll find out, here goes nothing.

Looks to be done, slow though.  I'll send this & restart x & see what I've got
left.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)