Re: F8 Network Woe

Jonathan Allen <jonathan <at> barumtrading.co.uk> writes:

> Now, after a a PUP run to pull in updates, I can't get the network to start
> after the reboot:
>
>    # service network start
>    Bringing up loopack interface:           [  OK  ]
>    Bringing up interface eth0:              [FAILED]
>    Error, some other host already uses address 192.168.1.6

It might be worth trying the following:
ifdown eth0

Edit /etc/resolv.conf as it might have got emptied during the attempt to get the
interface up with dhcp. Make sure you have something sensible in it - preferably
the same content as when it was working earlier. Make sure you have a search line
containing the right dns server address.

Then
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.50 up (or some other unused ip address)

At this point your network should come alive again.... and you can investigate
why your dhcp attempt did not work...