Re: kalarm - week starting day

Hello Carroll, all,

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:14:13 -0500 Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sunday 09 December 2007 2:05:13 am Frank Cox wrote:
> > I use kalarm a lot.  You could say that I depend on it to remind me to do
> > everything -- feeding the fish, special movie screening times, sending out
> > invoices, you-name-it.  It's a dandy program, indeed.
> >
> > However, it's starting day of the week is always Monday.  When you are
> > creating a new alarm and click on the "At date/time" drop-down, the little
> > calendar that pops up has Monday in the left-most column.
> >
> > Is it possible to tell kalarm that the first day of the week is Sunday?
> > That way the little calendar would match the other calendars that I have
> > (both on paper and on the computer).
> >
> > --
> > MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://www.melvilletheatre.com
>
> Frank:
> Start at the KDE Control Center. Then pick "Regional and Accessibility",
> Country, "Time and Dates" and, finally, "First Day of Week".

Does anybody know if there's such setting or another way to set the
First Day of Week within GNOME? My locale is a mix of en_US and fr_FR
(keyb layout is US, default language is US) but I reside in .fr, where
Monday has to be the 1st day of week - GNOME clock applet never got that
right or would it be sensitive to LC_TIME?.

Regards,

--
wwp