Re: alfresco integration

Tim:
>> See what content-type description you get from the server.  There's a
>> fair chance it's going to be the default text/plain.

Craig White:
> I wouldn't know where to begin on tomcat5 on this, but I suspect that
> the lack of documentation of this issue from Alfresco suggests that
> this isn't the issue.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it were.  There's a lot of silly
assumptions made about MIME, servers, and dumb configurations.  I don't
mean you, unless you created the tomcat/alfresco packages yourself, but
those that set up these things.  In the webserving world, it's quite
typical to serve out garbage in the hope that the client can sort it all
out for itself.  Or for a server system to presume that the admin is
going to configure special MIME types, themselves.

It might also depend on what you're meant to see in the browser.  A plug
in to show that type of data in the browser window, or the server
pre-converting it to HTML so it just works.

> I can't perform your suggestion without disabling authentication
> because it won't allow that to work without signing on first.

There are some plug-ins for Firefox which allow you to see the HTTP
headers, though I don't know if they're reliable.  e.g. Some web
browsers will tell you that something is a particular MIME type because
that's what they *think* it is, not what the server said it was.

Depending on the type of authentication, you can put that into a Lynx
query (you'd have to read its docs to see if it supported a scheme that
your server makes use of).

Or, for the true glutton for punishment, you can try everything by
telnet.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.