Re: opinions on disc burner utils?

Rick Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 15:57 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
Michael Klinosky wrote:
Karl:
Gerry:
The only burning program I NEVER have trouble with is k3b.  It is
top notch, and works just as fine in the Gnome environment as in
the KDE environment.
Well, I was just about to ask about using it on gnome!

If your using Gnome then use the Gnome cd/dvd burner. It works great!
It does take getting used to it. But no music settings :-)
The 'Gnome cd/dvd burner', as in "Nautilus CD Burner", or "CD/DVD Creator"? :( (It won't burn. That's why I'm asking about _other_ utilities.)

k3b will work quite well under Gnome.  You should try it.  You may find
it already in your "Applications->Sound & Video" menu.

I use the "CD/DVD" Creator and have burned about 20 cd and 2 DVD for F7 and F8. If it doesn't work your CD or DVD or both drives are broken. Get a new drive.

Karl, that is patently untrue.  You have NO basis for making that type
of declaration.  Please stop giving advice unless you really know what
the hell you're speaking of (and to be honest YOU generally haven't a
clue).

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-  Perseverance:  When you're too damned stubborn to say "I quit!"   -

I do have a clue. This guy has tried everything in sight and nothing works. The only thing left is the actual device. I had a DVD device that looked good and played DVD movies fine but when it came to burning even a cd it failed.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User