Re: gmfsk problem SOLVED

Steve Searle wrote:
Around 12:25pm on Friday, December 07, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:

Well I have no idea what padsp gmfsk does but it does solve the problem! I see there is no man for padsp so will need to try Google for more information.

You (and anyone) should be careful of running command just because
someone advises it unless you know what they will do first.  After all,
anyone could easily say run (as root) 'rnn -rf / tmp/someolddirectory'
(command deliberately misspelled so that it isn't ever used) either out
of carelessness or maliciousness.  Since you accused someone on this
mailing list of maliciously hacking your list account and changing the
sittings this is even more reason to take care.

This is not an attack against anyone (especially Tomasz) on this
mailinglist, but just what I consider as good advice.  Similar to my
dad, an electrical engineer, never trusting anyone (including me) to
unplug something he was working on from the mains, but always unplugging
it himself.

Cheers

Steve

Well Steve my problem was because I had a simple password. Running this device was safe because it ran in my karl login which can't kill much :-)

And it was found on Goggle to be a quick fix for older applications that do not work with the new pulseaudio. It seems this is out to get us all :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User