lirc_gpio not in FC8 kernel ?

Hi

I'm trying to get my remote control working in FC8 on a laptop (CLEVO D900T) which has a AverMedia card,

lspci shows:

0a:04.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder (rev d1)

The boot log in message file lists:

Dec  7 01:59:27 laptop kernel: saa7133[0]: subsystem: 1461:f31e, board: Avermedia M102 [card=110,autodetected]

(but does not seem to list an entry for the IR device).

The lirc website (http://www.lirc.org/html/table.html) says it supports my IR control (AverMedia) which all seem use the lirc_gpio kernel module which does not seem to be part of FC8 kernel ?, because this modules does not load/exist, the /dev/lirc device does not exist ? and hence the remote control does not work.

Is there a reason this module is not in the kernel or is there some other solution ?

Additional info:

Picture of remote:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/avermedia/tvphone98_0x00031461.jpg

The remote control is tested and does work because it's power button can turn on/off the laptop (by magic I assume), however all other buttons are ignore because of the above mentioned issue I assume.

TIA.

Albert.