Re: gmfsk problem

Rick Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 17:21 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
I got all things working on F8 but then this shows up. I think there is a way to stop it but not sure now what it is. When I try to use the sound card transmit wise I get this error message:

*** opensnd: open: /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy

I do not know what opensnd is but /dev/dsp has root privledge. I wonder if the error is due to the root /dev/dsp?

I went to my working gmfsk on F7 and I found I start it with aoss gmfsk and it is the aoss that stops the problem. Alas when I try #yum install aoss on F8 it says no such thing. I wonder what I should call it?

yum install alsa-oss.  Sounds like gmfsk is an OSS-only application.  If
you built it from source, do "./configure --help" and see if you can add
an "--enable=alsa" or some such flag so it'll run on ALSA without having
to emulate the old OSS layers.

I must do something. The use of $ aoss gmfsk & worked fine on F7 but does not work at all on F8. I have no idea why. It took me 3 hours to figure out how to get aoss loaded on F8, and then after doing that it doesn't work.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-            "You think that's tough?  Try herding cats!"            -

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User
	#450462   http://counter.li.org.