Re: F8: Package Manager

Daniel B. Thurman writes:

Are there any reported problems with the Package Manager?

I simply brought up the Package Manager so as to select KDE,
Development, Applications, ... and then selected the 'Apply'
button, then the "Resolving dependencies for Updates' dialog
box popped up and displayed the progress bar at 1/8th the
way and it froze my desktop - cursor and all and just sits
there apparently doing nothing at all.

I cannot even access the F1 or anything to see what is going on.

What can I do at this point except perhaps to do a forced system
reboot?  Isn't there something I can do before attempting such a
drastic move?

If you can't even move the cursor and your entire desktop is frozen, either your entire kernel, or X.org, has crashed. This has nothing to do with the package manager.

The only thing you can do is reboot.