Re: F8: Suspend on Thinkpad R52

Hi,

Thanks for the info.
I have submitted a fix to hat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers

Terry

Milos Jakubicek wrote:
Hi, I have the same problem on a Thinkpad R51e. Try solving it with some of the pm-quirks as described on:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

For me, sometimes work the following quirks:

pm-suspend --quirk-s3-mode --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-radeon-off --quirk-vbemode-restore

(Try also the quirk-checker.sh for some suggestions)

I think that by me it depends also on some modules which are blocking the resume, because even if the resume is successful, I have to start NetworkManager manually (and I have to unload the atheros wifi driver before suspending)...as far I hadn't time to solve that.

Regards,
Milos

Terry Barnaby napsal(a):
Hi,

I have installed F8 on my Thinkpad R52 having previously had FC6 running fine. There are a few minor issues with F8 but the main one is that
suspend is not working. The machine will suspend but not recover
from it correctly.

Any ideas on what is wrong, it has all updates to 4/12/07.

Cheers

Terry