RE: F8 - Post Install problems....

{snip!]

>> How can I disable DHCP and get my system back to "Static" IP?
>----
>appears NetworkManager is pretty aggressive...
>
># rpm -q --info NetworkManager
>Name        : NetworkManager               Relocations: (not
>relocatable)
>Version     : 0.7.0                             Vendor: Fedora Project
>Release     : 0.5.svn3030.fc8               Build Date: Fri 26 Oct 2007
>10:23:31 PM MST
>Install Date: Mon 12 Nov 2007 02:21:02 PM MST      Build Host:
>xenbuilder4.fedora.phx.redhat.com
>Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM:
>NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.5.svn3030.fc8.src.rpm
>Size        : 2315518                          License: GPLv2+
>Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Sat 27 Oct 2007 06:20:47 AM MST, Key ID
>b44269d04f2a6fd2
>Packager    : Fedora Project
>URL         : http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/
>Summary     : Network connection manager and user applications
>Description :
>NetworkManager attempts to keep an active network connection available
>at all
>times.  It is intended only for the desktop use-case, and is not
>intended for
>usage on servers.   The point of NetworkManager is to make networking
>configuration and setup as painless and automatic as possible.
> If using
>DHCP,
>NetworkManager is _intended_ to replace default routes, obtain IP
>addresses
>from a DHCP server, and change nameservers whenever it sees fit.
>
>After you disable and stop NetworkManager & Dispatcher, simply do
>
>service network restart
>
>and I would think that the manual settings should take effect
>
>Craig
>
>--

Ok, NetworkManager and Network was both running (somehow)
and I have shutdown (and disabled) NetworkManager.  I am
now able to reach my local network.

The problem now is that my resolver is not working as explained
in another post but to recap -

I noticed that my resolv.conf got wiped out having previously
set it up, and I re-entered the information, restarted network
and resolv.conf seems to remain unchanged.

But nslookup still fails to locate cdkkt.com domain nor does
are the nameservers found nor are host entries resolved.

Help!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.