Re: OT Re: Introducing Windows Vista, Freeware Version

But, once you know better, why would you even want MS?  I kicked it off
of my kids' machines already because of all the headaches it causes.
Those headaches are still there in the free version of the OS.

Unfortunately, I know for a fact that a big reason people cling to Windows is because "companies only write programs for Windows", "Windows has more programs"...

Every time I see such an argument, I feel sick.  It's complete bullshit.  Unfortunately, the problem here is in that first statement; COMPANIES that aren't directly involved with Linux believe it has too small of a marketshare to bother with, and they seem to enjoy putting down anyone who asks (great example of this: see Adobe's forums and the general responses to requests for native Linux support)...