Re: Unable to get true 1920x1200 resolution with Fedora 8

Hello Jeremy,

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:52:48 -0500 Jeremy Nix <Jeremy.Nix@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I've found to be odd is that the Fedora 8 install dropped me in to what it describes as a 1920x1200 resolution, but it is obviously not.  I was just able to replicate the "phenomenon" that allows me to get a temporary 1920x1200 resolution.  Here are the steps to reproduce:
>
> 1) Using init level of 3, run startx.
> 1) Change the screen resolution (not disply settings) to a lower resolution
> 2) kill the gnome session (ctrl+alt+backspace)
> 3) start back up the X environment (startx)
> 5) My resolution appears to be correct for now, but once I logout and log back in, I will be back to a crappy resolution (1280x960 or similar I think).
[snip]

I feel more lucky than you are, here are some excerpts of my xorg.conf:

..
Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
..

as you can see, X.org and the radeon driver apparently get the right
max screen size w/o any specific settings.

Regards,

--
wwp