From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Kempter
Sent: 05 December 2007 16:18
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: file system questions

Hi List;

I have a laptop running Fedora 7. I can remove the CD drive and insert a
tray which holds an SATA drive in its place, it's a nice feature since
it gives me a second drive connected the same way the CD drive was (i.e.
not
USB/firewire) so it's fast.

I have a spare drive from when I was running FC5, It has multiple file
systems on it (/boot, /home, /var, etc).

I want to re-vamp it so I end up with a single file system on it which
encompasses the full drive. I suspect I need to use rmfs to remove each
file system and then mkfs to create a single fs on the drive but I'm
quite unfamiliar with the fs commands.

Is this the best approach? any gotcha's, etc? Can I do this with  the
second drive un-mounted?

Anyone have any helpful examples of usage for rmfs and mkfs ?

Thanks in advance...