Re: Eclipse error/warning when starting new Java project.

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 13:40 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
> > Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:

> >> It is a an error.
> >>
> >> An error has occurred. See the log file
> >> /home/sudheer/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.3.0_1543616141/configuration/1196793422104.log.
>
> Are you sure this is the same error that Timothy was talking about?  I
> don't think so as I see his warning message as well and can continue
> just fine.
>
> > [sudheer@localhost ~]$ eclipse
> > *** glibc detected *** /usr/lib64/eclipse/eclipse: double free or
> > corruption (!prev): 0x000000000063cbc0 ***
>
> I've never seen that.  Please file a bug.
>
> Andrew

I'm also seeing issues when trying to do a "Run" or "Run As".  I went
through the HelloWorld tutorial to make sure I'm not missing anything,
and at the end of the tutorial when it says:

To run your application, right-click on your class in the Package
Explorer and select Run As > Java Application. The Console view should
appear at the bottom and display the "Hello, world!" output.

There is only "Open Run Dialog..." when I right click on the class and
hover on "Run As".  If I go through and add a configuration under "Java
Application" (and add HelloWorld as the class) or just click the run
button on the toolbar and choose "Java Application", I get the following
error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try
again

Should I take this thread over to the Fedora-Java list?

--Tim
 ______
< Huh? >
 ------