Re: Eclipse error/warning when starting new Java project.

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 09:34 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> > When I start a new Java project in Eclipse, I get a warning/error down
> > at the bottom of the dialog window that says:
> >
> > "The current workspace uses a 1.4 JRE with compiler compliance level
> > 6.0. This is not recommended and either the JRE or the compiler level
> > should be changed."
>
> This is because 1.7 isn't really supported yet.  Feel free to change
> your workspace compliance settings or those for that project.
>
> I'm curious, though:  is it an error or a warning?
>
> Andrew

I suppose I'd classify it as a warning, as it allows you to continue
without modifying any settings.

If it is purely cosmetic (i.e. Icedtea will properly handle 5.0 and
6.0), I don't mind the message.  It just may seem odd, and a bit
alarming, to someone who is new to Icedtea and Java in general (as I
am).

--Tim
/ Acquaintance, n:                                                           \
|         A person whom we know well enough to borrow from but not well      |
|         enough to lend to.  A degree of friendship called slight when the  |
|         object is poor or obscure, and intimate when he is rich or famous. |
\                 -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"                /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )