Re: FC8 + GeForce 6150 + Samsung SM226BW monitor, anyone?

dondi_2006 wrote:
dondi_2006 wrote:

You will have initial problems with the Nvidia VGA device. You need to have a fix for this hardware which can now be yum installed. I use a bash file from the Nvidia web site. Otherwise it should be a snap to install.

Thanks, but (also answering to the other reply) if you read my message
what I am asking is a different question.
You and Tom both answered to "are there Linux drivers for that board, and how I install them and FC8 on it?" whereas what I asked is:

1) admittedly OT: what is the maximum DVI (not VGA) resolution of that board/chipset, regardless of OS? Can it drive a 1680x1050 LCD monitor? I asked here because this is not clear from the online specs I've found

2) Regardless of how to install them, are the drivers for that chipset
(and the X shipped with FC8) able to drive its DVI output at 1680x1050, that is are they able to
fully use that specific monitor?

sorry if this wasn't clear enough from my original post!

D.

   I didn't understand it the first and this time :-)
I have no answer to whatever the question is.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User