Re: Grub clarification

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

Taking the defaults w/o any changes, I proceed and completed
the installation.

On reboot,  GRUB fails to find the drive.

Before you rebooted, you should have been able to switch to a shell to examine the installed system. If you can mount that drive, you should. Otherwise, get to the shell to check the contents of /boot/grub/device.map. What's in there?

What's the full text of grub's error?

I would like to see both grub.conf and /etc/fstab and just be sure show us # fdisk /dev/sda. These will tell us what's wrong. You can look too :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User