Re: Evolution icons disappear after reboot

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Almost all of the icons in Evolution -- all, I think except the red
circle with a white 'X' in it for Cancel -- disappear after a reboot and
are replaced by red 'X's, indicating (I think)  a missing icon.  The
problem can be cured by reinstalling evolution: i.e. rpm --install --force evolution-2.12.1-3.fc8.x86_64.rpm
which cure lasts till the system is rebooted.  It may (or may not be)
important that I'm running selinux.

Any ideas?

Are you using the GNOME desktop, or KDE? When I was using KDE, I had various random applications lose their icons after they got updated, most notably firefox, thunderbird. It stayed over reboots also, and to get the icon images back, I had to remove the icons from the launcher area and re-add them again. They sometimes would disappear again when rebooting also.

I haven't encountered that in GNOME yet though.

--
Mike A. Harris

Come and join us on the #fedora8 IRC help forum on irc.freenode.net