Fedora 8: X/Nautilus eating CPU

Hello all,

now that my Fedora 8 is fully set up, I notice periodical short
hangs of the Desktop, making its use quite uncomfortable. `top` tells me
that the X and Nautilus processes are eating up to 30% of CPU every
15-20sec approximately (I can hear some disk activity as well).

Sensors applets are configured to poll on a longer period basis so it's
probably not them. No cron activity has been set. Anyway, I was running
the same applets with my Fedora Core 5 and GNOME and never encountered
such behaviour before.

For the record, nautilus-action is installed and there are few mounts
(USB disks) visible onto the Desktop. I've tried closing all apps (but
GNOME Desktop) and this still happens.

Anybody has this too? Or any hint?

Regards,

--