Re: F8 Sound problems

> At first, I thought I had no sound at all but If I turn the volume all the way up, I can hear muffled noises.
..
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)
> 01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 03)

I have an SBLive! Value and had a similar problem on Linux. Here's an idea:

Double click the volume-control applet in Gnome, File, Change Device,
Select 'Audigy'. Then 'Edit'> 'Preferences' and ensure that Master,
PCM, Wave, Wave Surround are all enabled.

Now try turning all these up to around slightly more than halfway. I
think the EMU10k drivers use the front and rear outputs separately;
they are NOT both driven to master. 'Wave Surround' controls the rear
output, AFAI have experienced. So if your speakers are connected to
the rear port, this might help.

If that doesn't work either, go to 'System', 'Preferences', 'Sound'
and see that the Audigy is selected there (not the Intel, or auto),
like Mikkel suggested.