Re: F8 Sound problems

zephod@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> At first, I thought I had no sound at all but If I turn the volume all the way up, I can hear muffled noises.
>
> I found these lines in the messages file:
>
> Nov 29 21:16:50 localhost pulseaudio[2958]: alsa-util.c: Device hw:1 doesn't support 44100 Hz, changed to 48000 Hz.
> Nov 29 21:16:50 localhost pulseaudio[2958]: alsa-util.c: Cannot find mixer control "Master".
> Nov 29 21:16:50 localhost pulseaudio[2958]: alsa-util.c: Cannot find mixer control "Capture".
>
> lspci shows this:
>
> # lspci | grep udio
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)
> 01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 03)
>
> PulseAudio Volume Control shows 2 output devices at 100% volume.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> PS I tried a suggestion I have seen on this list of deleting the alsa-pulsaudio-plugin package but nothing changed.

You might want to post the output of "aplay -l" so we can see what
sound card(s) alsa is using. From the error messages, it looks like
a couple of the mixer controls are missing. The contents of
/etc/modprobe.conf may also help.

If it is using the Intel sound, you may be able to fix the problem
by specifying a model for the sound card. I have a different model
Intel sound in my laptop, and I need to do that, but I am not sure
about yours. And I am not sure what you wold have to do with the
Sound Blaster...

Mikkel