Re: Dual-Head with Different Resolution (slightly OT)

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 12:23 -0500, Reuben Budiardja wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an LCD with 1280x1024 native resolution. I plan to buy a new widescreen
> LCD with 1680x1050 resolution, to use in dual-head configuration. I have
> NVidia GeForce FX 5200, with VGA and DVI output to drive them, by plugging
> one LCD to VGA and the other one to DVI port.
> Is it possible to use this setup, and have the card drive the monitors with
> different resolution ? I'm using NVidia proprietary driver.

Yes, it's possible. Use the nVidia Display Settings in the System Tools.
(That's where it is for me on F8, with drivers installed from Livna.) I
believe you'll have to save the xorg.conf to a user-writable directory,
then copy it over as root, though.

Do yourself a favor and make a backup of your existing xorg.conf first
though! :)

- Ben