Re: Booting F8 from USB Attached Hard Drive

Rick Bilonick wrote:

> Thanks. I have tried the live CD's/DVD's but I have a bcm4318 network
> card that can use either ndiswrapper or must have Version 4 firmware
> in /lib/firmware for the native driver to work. As far as I can tell,
> this precludes it from working with a live CD or DVD because I can't
> store the firmware in /lib/firmware.

Well, you can temporarily store the firmware, but you will lose it
when you reboot. I am not sure exactly how they implement it, but
you can add things temporarily after booting from the CD. You also
have the option of storing the firmware on the hard drive, and
making a link to it after booting the live CD.

Mikkel