Re: Dual Nic Laptop

GaryCarr wrote:
I am thinking of setting up a Linux laptop as a network sniffer. Use two nics, one for standard network connection, and the other for a sniffer session connected to a mirror port on a switch. Probably just use wireshark for software.

Is this a practical thing to do? Does anyone have any experience with this type of setup?

Only you can say if it's practical, but certainly doable. I have an ACER laptop with hardwire and WiFi, and which will accept and use PCMCIA NICs if I need one more connection.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>