Re: "apt" to eventaully replace "rpm"?

Aaron Konstam wrote:
I know this may be a sily question but what does a file that apt
installs look like. I mean what is its tag that identifies it as a file
that can be installed
It depends on which backend APT is using. The original used DPKG as a backend (and therefore takes .deb packages), but there is a port of APT to RPM (which, BTW, is in the Fedora repo, IIRC), and that takes the same .rpm files as RPM and YUM use.