Re: F8: problem with dial-up

Michael Klinosky wrote:
OK, I installed F8 (from the Live CD) onto a machine that uses a dial-up connection. It had F7 running fine. I did a fresh install (didn't just update) to get rid of some issues with the F7 install.

But, now I can't get it to dial the modem. I believe that I configged it properly (in Admin > Network). I hit 'Activate', and the status reports 'Active'.

But, clicking on the button (in the 'Modem Lights' does nothing. So, I tried the command in a terminal:
/sbin/ifup ppp0
no config file found for ppp0            (or something to that effect)

Did something change in F8? Or, maybe I forgot some crucial step?

It would be of help to know what kind of computer and which Modem? I hope the Modem is a serial port type.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User