RE: ip masquerading

hi tim...

basically, a laptop connecting via ath0 to my network (and the internet).

the setup is

 internal box    ------>   laptop  (wireless) -----> network/internet
    eth0                  eth0   ath0               eth0

in order to have multiple ports, the eth0/ath0 are on different subnets.

laptop
  eth0   192.168.2.33
  ath0   192.168.1.33

internal
   eth0  192.168.2.13

the setup has to allow the internal box, to communicate with the laptop, as
well as the rest of the network.

the solution (at least for me)
  on the internal box
     -setup a route command to allow the laptop (eth0)
      to be the default gw

  on the laptop
     -setup iptables to pass/masquerade from eth0 to ath0

this allows me to ping systems from the internal box.

however, i still can't seem to access the internal box, from any other
system in my network... so something in the iptables/masquerade isn't
working correctly..