Re: firefox redirecting problem

Lux Zhang writes:

On Nov 23, 2007 12:02 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lux Zhang writes:

> Hi,
> I have probelm with firefox. When I access this web site
> <URL:http://home.aapt.com.au>http://home.aapt.com.au
> from home network (ISP is aapt)
>
> I always get this error message. my firefox is <URL:http://2.0.0.9>
> 2.0.0.9 on F7.
>
> The page isn't redirecting properly
> Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
> address in a way that will never complete.

Works for me, firefox 2.0.0.9 on FC 8.

> However, there is NO problem at all when I open this page with workplace
> network, using firefox <URL:http://1.5.0.12>1.5.0.12 of FC6. Where should
> I look for fix?

Dunno. But you should definitely fix whatever is causing your mail client to
format your messages as utterly revolting HTML gibberish, turning firefox
version numbers into URLs. Looking at the contents of your mail:

> my firefox is <a href="http://2.0.0.9";>2.0.0.9</a> on F7.

Disgusting.

Hi Hold your language.

I use gmail to compose email. I guess it is your broswer view it as
html content.

Unlike you, I do not use a "browser" to read my mail. I use a read mail client.

try clean up at your end

Now that's a profound thought: it's not your fault when you send senseless, crap HTML, it's the reader's fault for seeing it, as your HTML generator intended it to see. Using the same logic: if you get stuck with some smelly person in the elevator, it's your fault for not wearing nose plugs.