Re: linux readahead bug is back

Andre Robatino wrote:
I'm pretty sure that it was fixed, or at least less likely to manifest. I was using the same computer, with the same DVD drive, when F7 came out, and found by going through a pile of old Fedora CDs that I burned without padding that all of them passed mediacheck anyway, though many of them failed earlier. Testing now with F8, I find that 3 out of 3 of them fail (I was convinced at that point and stopped checking).

Just to clarify, the mediacheck I'm talking about is checkisomd5 from the anaconda-runtime package, which is the equivalent of the regular mediacheck, but done while booted up in a currently installed Fedora. So my mediacheck was using the kernel in the distro being used at the time (F7/F8), not the kernel on the old install discs themselves, as would have been the case if I booted from them.