Re: Frequency scaling not working

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
This did not help the OP, but in your case, I would try loading the
acpi-cpufreq module. If I remember right, it had to be loaded before
the module you are using for frequency scaling. (On demand in my
case.) At least when I ran into the same problem as you, that fixed
it for me. I don't believe that loading it after works, but that was
a while ago. I was always going to look into it, and do a bug report..

Works for me.  Removed the applet, modprobed the module, re-run the
applet, and it seems to work again.  Now to figure out how to load the
module during boot up.  Putting a script in /etc/sysconfig/modules
should do it.

Thanks Mikkel.

Mikkel

Hm, I wish it was that simple for me...

As an update, I came across the program cpufreq-info and it gives me this output:

"# cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 002: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2006
Report errors and bugs to linux@xxxxxxxx, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
 driver: acpi-cpufreq
 CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0 1
 hardware limits: 800 MHz - 2.00 GHz
 available frequency steps: 2.00 GHz, 2.00 GHz, 1.60 GHz, 1.20 GHz, 800 MHz
 available cpufreq governors: ondemand, userspace, performance
* current policy: frequency should be within 800 MHz and 800 MHz.*
                 The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
                 within this range.
 current CPU frequency is 800 MHz (asserted by call to hardware)."

This is repeated for CPU1.
It looks like the problem is the line, "current policy: frequency should be within 800 MHz and 800 MHz.". That doesn't make any sense.

Is there any way to manually change the 'current policy'?

Thanks,
Ryan