Re: moving evo f7 -> f8?

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 22:08 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Joseph Loo:
> >> Did you shutdown evolution before you did the copy on both machines?
> >> evolution --force-shutdown
>

> Gilboa Davara:
> > Nope... nothing.
> > Just rebooted my F7; installed a fresh copy of F8; start evolution.
>
> You need to (shut it down), at least I always have with any prior
> releases.  When you log in, parts of it (*) are started up, even if you
> don't start up evolution, yourself.  You need to shut it completely
> down, with that command line, before you put your files in place.
>
> (* The calendar that works with the taskbar clock, for instance.)

I didn't copy the home directory. It's on a different partition; I just
remounted it on the new machine and presto - Evolution started without a
problem.

As for moving Evo from one machine to the other - I've got an automated
script the calls shutdown; targz parts of the .evolution directory (a
number of folders; calendar; contacts; filters) and moves them to the
new machine.

- Gilboa