Re: SMPT AUTH problem

John Summerfield ha scritto:
Franco wrote:
Hi, i have a problem with sendmail and saslv2 authentication,
i have configured sendmail to permit relay to authenticated users
but with right login and password it don't authenticate.
If i try testsaslauthd it work fine and test is ok but when i try
to authenticate via sendmail it don't authenticate me.

Most important, what messages are being logged?

Be sure to turn on logging for the highest level, if you don't get useful leads at first.

Ok i have passed to an high log level sendmail and the problem that
give me is Login Failed i have also undestood where is the problem.
On my server some users are created so user.domain and the authentication for this user work fine, other users created as user@domain don't work because sendmail see @domain as realm but
the real user are user@domain and not just user.
Any idea to resolve?