Font changes in Fedora 8

I am still having problems getting a third party application that ran fine on F7 to run on F8. It is giving me the error below. I have been googling around trying to find further information and I am lost and uncertain as to what is legacy and what is current.

- Is there any documentation on what changed with fonts between F7 and F8? I cannot find anything in the release notes but I do seem to remember seeing something somewhere.

- Is there a way to get more information from the Xserver about which font or color it cannot find?

- When I start xfs, unix/:7100 does not appear in the font path when I do an "xset q". I can manually add it with "xset +fp", but I still get the error.

X Error of failed request:  BadName (named color or font does not exist)
 Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
 Serial number of failed request:  16