F8 Compiz Blur Plugin

All,

I could not locate the Blur related configuration in the GLDesktop preferences. I have configured the Blur directly through the Compiz configuration tool. It appears that the changes that are made through the compiz configuration are reflected. Now that we have two configuration tools which one is authoritative and how to make compiz configuration to be effective?

Thanks

Srikanth