Re: F8 sound problems

> tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [1] wrote:
> On 11/12/2007 07:05:25 PM, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:45:09 +0000, Tom Horsley wrote:
> >
> > flite: pcm_params.c:2351: sndrv_pcm_hw_params: Assertion `err >= 0'
> > failed.
> > Aborted
> >
> > Probably related to above.
> >

> I'll tag in here, rather than start a new thread at the moment.
>
> F8 sound does seem to have a few kinks to work out.  On one hand, the
> Pulse audio is kind of neat for me - I was just trying MonkeyBubble
> with "Tommy" by the who playing around it. The ability to balance the
> two sound streams is just awesome! On the other, a fair number of my
> other low minded games have lost their audio feed completely. Maelstrom
> hangs completely after the initial splash screen, but never bringing up
> the main menu.
>
> Something doesn't seem quite completely baked here.
I'm having a similar issue with kino and F8 ... was thrilled to see kino apparently working, but alas, it crashes with the above error when I try to play.  I can't see any errors related to sound in my messages file, and can't find any pulseaudio running (is that the name it would run under in my ps list?).  Oddly, VLC player works fine with full sound and functionality, so I can watch stuff no problem, but I wanted kino to be able to edit and cut mpegs and dv as well.  Any suggestions would be useful, but it sounds like this is a common bug for x86_64 F8 with video.  Thanks in advance for any info ...

Elron

Links:
------
[1] mailto:tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx