Re: pulseaudio == disaster ??

On Nov 17, 2007 8:32 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 06:39 -0500, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> > Well ... the command that is run on a properly functioning pulseaudio
> > setup is:
> > /usr/bin/pulseaudio --log-target=syslog
> >
> > and this is run by each user that is logged in.
> > Where this is normally started up, I have no idea ... but I am still
> > looking. But this is the proper command that should be run ... not the
> > ones that you were using.
>
> I haven't tried FC8 yet, but if it's like prior releases, look for the
> "sessions" personal preferences editor in Gnome.  That's where you
> configure what's started with a Gnome session.

Yes ... that is where the 'pactl load-module module-x11-xsmp' is found.
However, the pulseaudio server needs to be started up beforehand and
doesn't seem to be in the sessions.
It is pretty cool when it works but there are a few glitches to
getting all the pieces connected yet.

I just did a fresh LiveCD install on a new machine and something
different is going wrong so I will spend tonight generating some bug
reports.

/Mike